“Made in America” is so much more than a statement of fact.
“Made in America” shows a commitment to our country, our workers, our lifestyle, and our values. It also means being able to control the quality of our products and our production process.
Manufacturing in American and buying American-made goods means supporting our economy and each other.
As a very small business, HappyLuxe is proud to make not only our travel accessories, but also our fabrics and other materials in the USA, in the most sustainable way possible. We know that this is good business. (95% of voters have a favorable view of American-made products.)
In fact, according to The Alliance for American Manufacturing, if every American committed to purchasing $64 per year in American-made products, it would create 200K jobs per year. If contractors increased their use of American –made materials by 5%, that would also create 200K new jobs per year. HappyLuxe is honored to be part of this growing effort.
Need more reasons to look for the tag that says “Made in USA?” Check out this outstanding article from Made in USA Forever, by founder Todd Lipscomb.Top Ten Reasons to Buy American
"Buy American!" might sound like nothing more than a slogan advanced by American manufacturers to sell products made in the USA, but the truth is that there are many reasons to consider buying American-made clothing, American-made toys, and other US-manufactured goods. We've listed just a few of the benefits of buying American below:
Top Ten Reasons to Buy USA Made Products:
10) Foreign labor standards allow unsafe worker conditions in many countries. When you buy American you support not only American manufacturers but also American workers, safe working conditions, and child labor laws.
9) Jobs shipped abroad almost never return. When you buy goods made in the USA, you help keep the American economy growing.
8) US manufacturing processes are much cleaner for the environment than many other countries; many brands sold here are produced in countries using dangerous, heavily polluting processes. When you purchase American-made product, you know that you're helping to keep the world a little cleaner for your children.
7) Many countries have no minimum wage restrictions, or the minimum wage is outrageously low. When you choose products made in the USA, you contribute to the payment of an honest day's wages for an honest day's work.
6) The growing lack of USA ability to manufacture many products is strategically unsound. When you seek out American-made goods, you foster American independence.
5) The huge US trade deficit leads to massive, unsustainable borrowing from other countries. Debt isn't good for you and it isn't good for America.
4) Foreign product safety standards are low. For example, poisonous levels of lead are in tens of millions of toys shipped to the USA. When you buy toys and other goods made in the USA, you can be confident that American consumer protection laws and safety standards are in place to protect your family.
3) Lack of minimum wage, worker safety, or environmental pollution controls in many countries undermines the concept of "fair and free trade". No Western nation can ultimately compete on price with a country willing to massively exploit and pollute its own people. When you buy only American-made products, you insist on a higher standard.
2) Factories and money are shifting to countries not friendly to the USA or democracy. When you avoid imported goods in favor of American-made items, you help ensure that the United States doesn't find its access to vital goods impacted by political conflict.
1) As the US manufacturing ability fades, future generations of US citizens will be unable to find relevant jobs. Buy American and help keep your friends and neighbors-and even yourself-earning a living wage.
Join MadeinUSAForever.com in standing up for America.
By Todd Lipscomb, founder of MadeinUSAForever.com and author of the book "Re-Made in the USA"
Reprinted here by permission.
Top Ten Reasons to Buy American